Are you being harassed by creditors and collection agencies? Are you receiving threatening phone calls at all hours or at work? Is the daily visit to your mailbox something that you would just like to skip?
There are laws that control how creditors and collection agencies may go about attempting to collect a debt. Many businesses stay within the boundaries of what behavior is allowed. Others do not. These laws provide a range of protections for consumers. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act are the federal and state laws respectively that provide consumers with protection form unreasonable and overzealous collection activities.
At Sacks & Sacks, P.A, our Jacksonville Fair Debt Collection Attorneys have an intimate understanding of what constitutes legally acceptable means of collecting on a debt. If a creditor or collection agency is engaging in any illegal activities, we will contact them immediately to bring that activity to a halt. Let us help you escape the viscous cycle of creditor harassment.
What Can a Collection Agency Not Do?
- They cannot communicate with you if they know that you are represented by an attorney.
- They cannot call you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- They cannot use profane, obscene or vulgar language.
- They cannot threaten violence
- They cannot communicate to your employer about your debt until a final bankruptcy judgment is entered in the matter.
- They cannot call you repeatedly or continuously.
- They cannot publish or post, or threaten to publish or post or cause to be published or posted before the general public the names of individual debtors in an attempt to collect.
We will utilize the full power of the law to keep collection activities from troubling you.
To put an end to creditor harassment and the debt that is the source of your difficulties, call 904-396-5557 or simply contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.