Jacksonville Bankruptcy Law Information
Florida Chapter 7 and 13 Lawyer
We can start your bankruptcy for as little as $250 down.
You do not need to let excessive debt define your life. The protections of the bankruptcy code can give you the power to redefine your life and escape the viscous cycle of debt. At Sacks & Sacks, P.A., in Jacksonville, Florida, our attorneys understand the difficult situation our clients are in. We can help you resolve your current debt situation and provide you with the firm footing you will need to move forward with your life.
Effective Personal Bankruptcy Representation
Our firm offers its counsel on the following topics:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — Discharge your unsecured debts through a liquidation.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — If you have significant assets you wish to preserve, the repayment plan of a reorganization can offer a real solution.
- Stopping creditor harassment — The automatic stay of personal bankruptcy puts an immediate halt to collection activity.
- Debt consolidation — Debt consolidation may leave you deeper in debt than when you began. Be very careful.
- Stopping wage garnishments — Bankruptcy is one of the only tools with which to fight a wage garnishment.
- Stopping foreclosures — Chapter 13 utilizes the automatic stay to stop foreclosure proceedings and its repayment plan can help you become current on your mortgage.
- Improving your credit score — Within 15 months after bankruptcy you can begin rebuilding your credit.
- Credit repair — There are many steps you can take, in addition to bankruptcy, in order to repair your credit.
- Bankruptcy and divorce — Consulting a lawyer about bankruptcy before you file for divorce may aid in addressing marital debt before the divorce process begins.
- Issues with short sales — There are a number of pitfalls of short sales that individuals should be aware of before moving forward with a short sale.
- Issues with foreclosures — Educating yourself on foreclosure issues, and foreclosure alternatives, can help you understand how a foreclosure may impact your life.
- Medical bills and credit card debt — Both types of debt are considered unsecured and are dischargeable in bankruptcy.
- What can be discharged and exemptions — A listing of types of dischargeable debts, and what constitutes secured and unsecured debts.
- Bankruptcy FAQs — We are happy to answer any and all questions about personal bankruptcy.
- Life after bankruptcy — With the majority of your unsecured debt discharged, you can begin to build the life you want to build.
- Same Sex Marriage and Bankruptcy — A recent policy change by the US government means expanded bankruptcy rights for same-sex couples in Florida.
Contact a Jacksonville Personal Bankruptcy Lawyer
To learn more about the opportunity that bankruptcy offers in helping you get a fresh start, about filing Chapter 7 and 13, bankruptcy reorganization and rebuilding your credit, call 904-396-5557 or use the online contact form to schedule your free initial consultation with one of our Jacksonville bankruptcy lawyers.